Thursday, August 16, 2012

New Year

This time of year is always bittersweet for me.  Today marks the start of another academic year.  Campus during the summer is very quiet and there's a more relaxing pace of life happening.  For most of the summer that means no evening or weekend committments so very 9-5.  After awhile though I miss the students coming in and out and having those life conversations with them.


Longwood's Rotunda

A couple of weeks ago we welcomed our first group of early arrivals and today we welcome our first year students, the Class of 2016, crazy that by the time they graduate I will have been done for 15 years (I will always be a Hartford Hawk)!  So while my 9 to 5 is out the window I know I will settle back into the 'routine' of the year quickly. 




Welcome to Longwood...I hope your time as a Lancer is as great as mines been for the past 5 years!


Welcome to Longwood!

No comments:

Post a Comment