Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Apple Butter and Family

One of my favorite times of year is October, no not because of the weather, it's because it's Apple Butter weekend for my family.  I don't know where it came from but now every year my extended family gets together for our national holiday called Apple Butter.  The whole idea behind it is that we make apple butter, which is delicious and amazing and easy to make.  


This kettle makes 40 gallons of Apple Butter
I was extra excited this year because Dad came down from NY with some of the immediate family so it was nice to catch up with him! 


Dad got to join us this year


So besides the making of apple butter and cider it gives us all a chance to catch up, connect and sometimes to make fun of each other!  It seems that there is always a college football game that can stir up some drama rivalry and this year was no exception.  This was the year of WVU (where most of the family's loyalty lies) at Texas (where poor Vince went to school).  There was lots of prep work for the smack talking that started pre-weekend and continued throughout.


Hook 'Em got a present of a WVU shirt that Vince was not supporting
the game watchers

As usual this weekend did not disappoint, I enjoyed those who were there and we stop for a minute second to talk about those who were not in attendance.  I also got to fill up my friends here with fresh apple cider and I have my fresh stash of apple butter for the year.
All 40+ of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment