Friday, April 27, 2012

Sorting Through the Mess

As the semester winds down I'm starting to work on some of the 'little' things on my list.  This week I started the daunting task of going through my clothes and figuring out which ones I can get rid of.  Surprisingly I don't have a TON of clothes, I'd rather spend my money on traveling than buying clothes, and I just don't like clothes shopping (post on why coming later), as I get very frustrated about things not fitting.  This may also explain why some of my favorite workout clothes are starting to fall apart.

Does anyone else end up feeling like they make a big mess when they try to go through clothes?

 
This was just the stuff from the closet in the front room of my house, my skirts, dresses and some summer tops.  I did pretty well and got rid of a lot, but did keep three things that are going in the give it 6 months pile and then try on again as they are just a LITTLE too tight for comfort right now.  Hopefully this weekend I can tackle the rest.

On a different note I am very excited that my new work computer came in.


Surprisingly it's been sitting in that box for a week as I have to wait for like 23935825372 things to happen before IT can set it up, or just 3 steps.  I know when it gets set up I will be preoccupied for at least a day or two so I'm okay with the slowness at this point.  Next week that may change!

Last thing for today, yesterday I ran downstairs to the cafe in the union to grab something to eat.  There was a young lady two people ahead of me in line who asked the cashier to tell her how much a bagel and cream cheese would be.Then I see her sitting at the table counting out change to try and make sure she has enough.  I told the cashier I would pay for it and as I walked out I stopped the young lady and told her I bought her bagel and good luck with finals.  The look on her face was one of shock and I think she almost got teary.  To me it wasn't anything major but it was something that needed to be done and I was happy to do it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment