Monday, June 25, 2012

Beach Week

One of my favorite places to go is here...Emerald Isle, NC.
I've grown up going to this beach, more so now that I live in VA and only have to drive 4.5 hours to get there.  Well last week was beach week so basically I was in heaven and above was the view we had.  AMAZING!  


There was a fairly large group in for beach week this year, which made it fun and I don't think I had to be alone on the beach very much at all...or ever!  Finally on Friday we decided we should take the 4yo to the aquarium to see the penguins that were on display for the summer.  I do think penguins are adorable.


The poor guy up top though was molting so he was not playing nicely with the others and looked kind of awkward sitting up there.  I guess we all have those days right???


Right before vacation two exciting things happened. I hit my first 10lb down mark...clearly that didn't last with vacation but hey it was a stepping stone right?  Second my new running shoes came in the mail.  




Currently I am a loyal Asics fan and just keep buying the newer model of what I have, so these are my 2170.  Yes I even starting breaking them in over vacation and ran 3 times that week, including one hot and steamy 5.6 miles trip.  


And one more picture of my heaven.



No comments:

Post a Comment