Friday, June 1, 2012

Long time coming...

I feel like this post has been one that is a long time in the coming, or at least one that I've been thinking about, I even wrote it and then sat on it for 2 months before I actually posted it.  One of the main things I am tackling with this 32 list is getting my weight under control. I feel like I have always been the fat kid, I remember being overweight in middle school and while I played sports all through high school I also remember being bigger heavier (at least in my head because clearly I didn't get on a scale) than my friends.


 Adorable at age 4

and it begins...about age 11 or 6th grade
(I am sad to say that even then I was a size 14 pants)



Enter college...headed into my third year I dropped some weight, again scales weren't a part of my life so I don't know how much, but I didn't do it in a healthy way but used supplements, that were not as well known about as they are now and probably stayed at that size through graduation. 




Summer 2000, what I think of as my skinniest,
 maybe not the healthiest though



I feel like the harder life transition besides starting college, is the year or two after graduation, which is when I started putting weight back on.  I also diagnosed with low thyroid soon after college, which if you are familiar with involves weight gain and LOTS of sleeping. Lovely right?


I worked with a trainer for a few years while in CT and directly up until I moved to VA 5 years ago which is where I slowly started putting weight back on.  Boy do I miss her and I have not found a trainer I like as much since then!


Now I'm at that time in my life where I'm actively working towards losing weight, yes I know it's about how you feel, but honestly I don't feel good about myself right now.  I'm slowly getting there but there's still work to do.  In the bigger picture as I look to my future and know that I want kids to be a part of it, I know that I need to lose weight. 


Losing weight is something to struggle with, I know that for me to be successful I have to change eating habits, which I do really well for a day or two, then I slip fall off the wagon for a day.  I'm down about 8ish lbs, give or take and it's SLOW...I mean I seem to struggle with the same up 1 lb a week, then down the next.  I need to figure out what's going to work for me and stick with it. 


Ugh I'm over feeling like I will always be the fat kid in life............

3 comments:

  1. I think you're FABULOUS! My weight issues are similar so I can relate. Let me know if I can help and best of luck. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really good post... I can definitely relate. I was always skinny growing up and ate what I wanted and hardly exercised (and didn't play sports), but that Freshman 15 smacked me in the face sophomore year and I haven't been able to get rid of it. And then I gained some more after graduation... Ugh. Let me know if you want to work out together! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a strong, beautiful woman, sister. As with so many other things in your life, I know you'll overcome your challenges and get where you want to be!

    ReplyDelete