Thursday, August 8, 2013

Summer of Transition

I've been thinking a lot about transition(s) lately.  Maybe because my life has been one major transition for the last 2+ months and I don't think I've slowed down enough to fully process them all.  I remember talking to a friend of mine, from an airport of course, about this move right before I made it and she said "you won't actually process it until August."  Well you know something it's August and I think it's all finally just hitting me. 



As I talk to all of my campus friends, they are gearing up for staff retreats, student leader trainings and most importantly the return of students.  While the return of students to campus will mean our office gets busier, it's a different kind of busy than I am used to.   There's no students just hanging out in my office, nor is there a couch, which means my fall will be different and I'm ok with that.

I've slowly settled into a new condo (after living with all my belongings in storage for 2 months) and figuring out what my life in CT looks like, with a commute longer than 1.5 miles and no longer having the Crossfit box 1 block from my house.  So far life in CT looks pretty promising both personally and professionally. 

I'm a home (condo) owner!
 
I'm still so thankful for my time in VA and there are things I miss (the 1.5 mile commute) along with things I don't miss (not having a million Dunkin Donuts nearby) but, overall this has been a "fairly smooth" transition. I just need to remember that I can't get everything done in a day and that eventually I will finish unpacking all of those boxes in the condo!


No comments:

Post a Comment