Wednesday, January 11, 2012

TTG-Acts of Kindness

Today is January 11th, on the 11th of the month the challenge is to do a random act of kindness (or two) in honor of my sorority sister Tara, and her unborn son, who lost her battle against a heart issue in November.  When I started the 32 list I put this on my list and set a reminder on my calendar for the 11th of every month, so I knew that it was coming up this week and I was was trying to figure out what to do.  I realize that this doesn't have to be a major thing but just needs to be something.

So today while I was in Wal-Mart and had been standing in line for a good 5+ minutes and not moving very quickly an older man and his wife came up behind me holding about 5 things each.  While my cart wasn't full, I knew that I was paying in two different groups so I decided to let the man and his wife go ahead of me.  Did it add another 5-10 minutes to my trip? Sure, but he was very thankful and I got a "God bless you" or some such comment, so in my mind it was worth it.   

Please take a moment and check out Tara's page: http://ttgactsofkindness.tumblr.com/
Maybe challenge yourself to go out of your way and do a random act of kindness for some you run into.

No comments:

Post a Comment